Sunday, June 9, 2013

Mobile Blogging!

Wow, it's been quite a while since I Blogged last. Frankly, with the drought I haven't really had much to blog about. Now the rains have returned bringing my renewed ambition. I'm not gardening this year but I do have a nice fenced in garden spot that I am building up for raised beds next year. Our soil is horrible here so raised beds are going to be necessary. I have a large pile of last years manure and straw so far which will be mixed with top soil then spread and tilled. Then bricks or 2x4's will be used to create beds. I'm pretty confident that I will be a happy gardener next year.
Our 4 grape plants are finally growing this year and look very healthy. We watered them all summer and built cages around them to keep the deer from eating them again. I am extremely excited to see that we also have a few Elderberries in heavy flowering mode right now. Fresh elderberry syrups and tinctures will be so yummy! And perhaps next year...elderberry wine!
We have a few tomatoes and a few herbs to play with this year and of course, the new garden bed to build. There have been a few other changes around here but I'll leave those for future blog posts.

No comments:

Post a Comment